Kids Love Edmonton’s Spookiest festival of the year
Weekends – October 1 – 30, 2016
The Haunted Pumpkin Festival at Prairie Gardens Adventure Farm, attracts families from across the nation to Edmonton’s countryside every fall! An autumn outing to the pumpkin patch and this charming month-long Halloween festival is an annual tradition. There’s been over 1 million guests to the farm have enjoyed the farm since 1956!
Festival is Open Saturdays, Sundays and Thanksgiving Holiday Monday. The Adventure Farm Activities are also open on Fridays, (Special Entertainment like Magic Shows available only on Weekends) and weekday afternoons for Pumpkin sales. Please do not plan to come to visit us on Weekday (Monday thru Thursday) mornings, as we are are open only for pre-registered guided school field trips from 9am – 12pm. Fridays, we are open to the public.
- Open to the Public Every Weekend in October
- Saturdays, Sundays, & Holiday Thanksgiving Monday. Full Admission rates apply,
- Gates Open at 9am – Closed at 6pm – with activities running from 10am-5pm .
- Free Shuttle Bus Park n’ Ride from the Mega Maze weather permitting – Runs 11am – 5pm.
- Farm and Pumpkin Patch Activities run 10am – 5pm, with special entertainment (Puppet Shows, Pumpkin Cannon, Folk Music, Magic Shows, Drumming Circles, Story Tellers etc.) from 12 pm – 4pm.with rotating scheduled performances.
Farm Gate Pumpkin Sales – Open Weekdays & Weekends 10am – 6pm (no entry fee required to just come and buy a pumpkin from the wooden pumpkin bins at the farm market at the gate.)
Guided Tours – Mondays through Thursdays – Scheduled Reservations for Pumpkin Farm or Junior Farmer Programs Only. Please Note: Adventure Farm Activities & Corn Mazes are Closed to the Public these days. Open for Groups with Reservations for Guided Tours Only.
Buy at the Gate or Online
- Individuals (up to 3 folks) $14.30 per person
(Plus GST = $15 pp)
- Family Rate (4 or more people) $13.81 per person
(Plus GST $14.50)
- By Reservation (Group Tours 25 or more folks)
Group Rate $9.05 per person (Plus GST = $9.50pp)
- Children 2 yrs & under are FREE
Online Only Special OfferBuy TIX Online Now and Save! Regular Rates apply at the Gate!
*Prices listed below include GST
Guided Tours around the Farm
- Monday 9:30 – 5:00pm
- Tuesday 9:30 – 5:00pm
- Wednesday 9:30 – 5:00pm
- Thursday 9:30 – 5:00pm
- For Kid’s Pumpkin Patch (indoors or outdoors, depending on the weather), Adventure Farm Activities, Petting Farm, Gem Mine, and Corn Maze Fun
- Self-Guided Home School Programs & Self-Guided School Field Trips 9:30 – 3:00
- The Mega Maze is Closed – Special Reduced Admission Rates apply.
Book a Flash-Light Corn Maze Adventure & Dark Skies Programs with campfire and marshmallow roast – By Appointment Only – September & October Evenings 5pm-9pm Evening Flashlight Maze Adventures can be arranged for teen birthday parties, church groups, teams, clubs and junior or high school groups – by reservation. Call us – we love to customize! 780-921-2272
Week-Day Farm Fun Activities (Weekdays & Weekends 9-6)
- Kids Corn Maze & Mindbender Mazes, and the 7 acre Mega Maze Weather Permitting
- Trackless Train Rides or Hay Rides around the farm 10-5:45pm
- Pick Out A Pumpkin (indoor pumpkin displays & Indoor Cozy Warm Pumpkin patches.)
- Free Make a Real Scarecrow (Straw, Clothes and woven Head bag
- Petting Farm
- Haunted House
- New! TIPI Drumming Circles if it’s not snowing
- Kids Bale Mazes and Rope Maze
- Play Areas with Hill Billy Golf, Disc Golf, Pumpkin Bowling, Duck Races and more
- Lil’ Pumpkin Greenhouse with Pumpkin Painting
- Indoor Pumpkin Patches (Pumpkins cost $1 – $20)
- U-Snap Old Thyme Photo Parlour & Dress Up
- Shootin’ Gallery
- Gem Mining (Pay Dirt Pails cost $5-$15)
- Turbo Pedal Karts for both Kids & Adults
- Bale Jumps
- Enchanted Forest Trail
- Farm Play Areas
- New! Musical Garden
Weekend Special Festivities & Times
- Mega Maze Labyrinth Challenge Weather Permitting 11-6pm
- Free Shuttle Bus to Mega Maze 11-5pm Weather Permitting
- Pick Your Own Pumpkin Patch at the Mega Maze 11-6pm
- Free Farm Puppet Shows (Hourly starting at 11:30)
- Pumpkin Cannon (Weather permitting – supports YESS (12pm-5pm) (costs $5)
- Corn Cannon – Weather permitting (Corn Cob Ammunition $3-3 cobs)
- Mariann the Giant 12noon – 3pm and other Roving Characters * subject to weather
- Debra Bortscher’s Pumpkin Drumming Circles (1pm-4pm)
- El Niven’s Band’s Live Folk Music or The Scarecrow Band (1pm-4pm)
- Professor Copperpot – Magician Performances (12pm & 2pm)
- Pumpkin “Mis-Fortunes” with Janice Shoults (occaisionally)
- Dennis the Blacksmith (occasionally)
- Super Pumpkin, Gritch the Witch, and other fun Strolling characters* Weather Permitting
- Fudgery for Homemade Grandma’s Fudge purchases 12noon – 6pm
- Pirates Pull Game 12noon – 5pm
Optional activities featuring the Pirates Pull , Fishin’ Pond, and Gem Mining, which cost 3-15 tokens. Tokens are $1. + GST each.
September Schedule of Special Activities
- Sept 17 – Falloween Harvest Fun
- Sept 18 – “R.J. – Magic Fool For Hire” (Roger Jorgenson)
- Sept 24 – “Cornelius Copperpot” (Dave Wilson)
- Sept 25 – “Cornelius Copperpot” (Dave Wilson)
October Schedule of Special Activities
- Oct 1 – “Arjay – Fool For Hire” (Roger Jorgenson)
- Oct 2 – Dark Skies Stories with Joan Galat
- Oct 2 – “Arjay – Fool 4 Hire” (Roger Jorgenson)
- Oct 8 – “Arjay – Fool 4 Hire” (Roger Jorgenson)
- Oct 9 – “Arjay – Fool 4 Hire” (Roger Jorgenson)
- Oct 10 – “Arjay – Fool 4 Hire” (Roger Jorgenson)
- Oct 15 – “Cornelius Copperpot” (Dave Wilson)
- Oct 16 – “Cornelius Copperpot” (Dave Wilson)
- Oct 17 – Halloween Hearse Show & Shine Noon – 5pm Presented by Deadmonton & the Bonewagon Association
- Oct 22 – Magic Show
- Oct 23 – “Arjay – Fool 4 Hire” (Roger Jorgenson)
- Oct 29 – Magic Show
- Oct 30- “Arjay – Fool 4 Hire” (Roger Jorgenson)
- Oct 31 – Kids Safe Halloween at the Farm. Kids in Costume Get In Free 9am-5pm!
Cornelius Copperpot – magician, inventor, and professor of balloonology! Don’t miss a chance to see Cornelius in action with his comedy magic show. Balloons, jumbo hats and magically appearing pumpkins are just part of the Copperpot magical fun.
Bio: Cornelius has appeared at many major events across the country including Canada Day in Ottawa, The International Street Performers Festival, The Fringe, Children’s Festivals, and more. He is a legend in the magic and busking communities for some of his past endeavors.
Arjay’s Surprise Magic Show – Arjay wants to do a terrific magic show for the children at Prairie Gardens but gets terrified when nothing goes as smoothly as planned. A haunted wand is just the beginning of a hilarious comedy performance that’s full of fun for everyone.
Bio: Foole 4 Hire is Roger Jorgenson, an Edmonton – based clown and magician with over 30-years in the business of passing air for laughs and conjuring for kids and grown-ups.
- BBQ local Farmer Sausage Smokies, BBQ local European Long Hotdogs
- Dilly Garlic Roasted Golden Potatoes
- Pumpkin Pie with whipped cream
- Homemade Farm Fresh Chili
- Pumpkin Pie
- Hand dipped Caramel Apples
Pumpkin Pavilion #3
- Hot chocolate
- Halloween Cookies
- Pumpkin Pie
- Caramel Apples
Grandmas’ Fudge & the World’s Smallest Candy Store
- Fall varieties of our own delicious handmade fudges!
- Lots of candy and chocolates
Private Picnic Area Sites for BYOF Picnics
- Campfire Sites (Comes with firewood, roasting forks, and picnic tables $60 / 3 hours.
- Picnic Table Sites (Comes with Picnic Table for private picnics) $20 / 3 hours
- No Outside Food without Picnic Site Reservations, please.