Fall-o-ween & the 27th Annual Haunted Pumpkin Festival
Kids Love these magical U-Pick Pumpkin Harvest Fests down on the farm!
The season kicks off with the Fall-o-Ween U-Pick Pumpkin Harvest Fest - a month long September weekends celebration of the great pumpkin patch. Prairie Gardens is the furthest north blue pumpkin grower in the world! With over 15 acres of pumpkins planted - of all shape, colour and size imaginable, and wide open spaces - this is a fun and safe family activity! Hayrides, corn mazes, scarecrow making, potato digging and cabbage patch visits are all part of the fun. Back at the Prairie Gardens homestead, there are farm animals, bale mazes, a sunflower maze, the Lost Lemon Gem Mine, and a Pumpkin Corny-val with pumpkin bowling, pumpkin ring toss, bale jumps and more!
The Haunted Pumpkin U-Pick Harvest Festival at Prairie Gardens Adventure Farm begins on October weekends! A spooky outing to the pumpkin patch and this charming month-long Halloween celebration remains an annual tradition for the past 27 years! There's a Pumpkin Cannon (really!), a ghost town with Ghost Walks to the Elm Street Cemetery, and if you are brave - don a mask to creep through the Haunted Farm House (kid friendly, no gore). Pumpkin displays, an indoor heated greenhouse pumpkin patch for when the weather turns cold, and Kompany Family Theatre presents the Pumpkin Corny-val with ghost stories, pumpkin bowling, pumpkin races and pumpkin juggling as new activities this year!
Festival is Open every Saturday, Sunday and Thanksgiving Holiday Monday in September & October. The Adventure Farm is also open on Fridays and weekday afternoons - small corn maze, bale mazes, sunflower maze, train rides, heritage chicken viewing, gem mining, etc (weekday admission rates). We are open Monday through Sunday for pumpkin sales.
Planning Notes: School Field Trips come to Prairie Gardens weekday mornings, if allowed this season. Please do not plan to come to visit us on Weekday Morning (Monday thru Thursday), as we are offering pre-registered guided school field trips from 9am - 12pm. On Fridays and weekends, we are open to the public all day.
Festival Quick Notes
- Open to the Public Every Weekend in September & October
- Saturdays, Sundays, & Holiday Thanksgiving Monday. Full Admission rates apply
- Kids dressed in a costume get in for FREE on the Halloween Weekend (Oct. 30 & 31)
- Open Fabulous Fridays for Self Guided Pumpkin Farm Adventures (Weekday Rate)
- Gates Open Weekends at 10:30am - Closed at 6pm - with Special Activities (Puppet Shows, Pumpkin Cannon, Haunted Ghost Tours, 15-Acre U-Pick Pumpkin Patch, Big Cornmaze ).
- Weekday Farm and Pumpkin Patch Activities run 9am – 5pm, .
- Farm Gate Pumpkin Sales No entry fee required to just come and buy a pumpkin from the Pumpkin displays in the courtyard or pumpkin patch display in the greenhouses. Entry fees are charged only when you'd like to explore the mazes and have fun enjoying our activities.
- Pre-scheduled Guided Tours: Mondays - Thursdays - 9am-2pm