Wrist Band & Prices
Wrist-Band Required for Entry - for each guest ages 6 & up: $10 per person - These special wristbands are available only at the strawberry patch upon arrival. Please note: Interac or Credit Card payment only.
Strawberries are In-Season Mid-July - Mid August
Strawberries by the Bucket: 1.5L for $15; 4L for $32 (Pay for what you picked at exit - Cash, Interac, Credit Card)
U-Pick Wrist-Band Pass - Here's What's Included:
- Entry to the U-pick Strawberry Patch (Berries that you pick are extra)
- Entry to U-pick Pea Patch and Market Garden includes a bonus wagon ride to the fields.
- Guided Farm Walking Tour at Prairie Gardens. Learn how we grow garlic, investigate our Row 7 Trial Garden, and see our heritage chickens.
Please note: There is a 1 km distance between each farm patch - please drive to second & third parking areas. Lily Lake Road is a busy 100 km/hour highway and walking along it is not allowed.
2021 U-Pick Strawberries
Farmer Tam's Report.
Strawberries are in bloom and setting fruit. We expect ripe strawberries around mid-July. We will be offering u-pick by reservation again this season, as strawberries are in short supply, on Wednesday and Saturday mornings at 10am. Please register now to be on our strawberry wait list. The ripe berries get picked quickly, so most days the berries are all picked off by 11am.
The green strawberries need a couple of days to ripen in the sun before the rows can be picked once again.
There will be no ripe berries to pick on other days.
If you are looking for a fun family outing, we recommend booking one of our new programs: "All-In Family Fun Day", a "Family Farm Picnic", or a "Farm Discovery Tour"
U-Pick Measures in place for COVID-19
We ask that you please:
- Stay home if you have symptoms of COVID-19
- Keep 2m between you, other guests and staff
- Do not consume any food on site (no picnics, no sampling of fruit)
- U-pickers limited to 2 people per row
- Children are welcome but must be closely supervised: We require a Parent to Child Ratio of One to One while picking. Toddlers in strollers may be in addition
- Sanitize your hands before and after your visit
- Plan on using a card and the tap option on our debit/credit terminals
- Do not bring your own pails - we will provide new pails for you
- There is a minimum of 1 bucket per reservation
Reservations for Strawberry Pick-Your-Own 2021
As strawberries will be in short supply this season, only people who have reserved in advance will be able to pick their own strawberries. Call us at 780-921-2272 today!
The number of pails of ripe strawberries that may be available on a day in the future is an inexact science. The ripening of the berries is very much dependent on Mother Nature! Strawberries ripen faster on sunny days and slower on cloudy days!
Please understand that we as the farmers are doing the best we can in collaboration with Mother Nature. We do apologize, but some days there are only so many berries and once they're picked, they're picked!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
DO YOU HAVE STRAWBERRIES READY TO PICK NOW?
- Our season runs from Mid July to September. We grow 5 different kinds of strawberries for our u-pick - Kent, Honeyoe, Cabot, Valley Sunset, and Seascape. They all ripen at different times - which gives us a longer season. Seascape is a Dayneutral everbearer, which will keep producing until a killing frost in the fall.
DO I NEED TO MAKE A RESERVATION?
- Yes, you will need to make a reservation to pick strawberries this year.
WHAT TIMES CAN I BOOK AN APPOINTMENT FOR?
- Appointments will be available for 10:00 am & 10:30 am on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Our farm gates do not open until 9:45 am.
I WANT TO MAKE A RESERVATION BUT NO APPOINTMENTS ARE SHOWING. HOW DO I MAKE AN APPOINTMENT?
- Please sign up on our Strawberry U-pick Waiting List - we will call or email you when there are spaces available.
IF MORE THAN 2 PEOPLE IN MY FAMILY WANT TO PICK STRAWBERRIES, HOW CAN WE DO THAT?
- You can make multiple reservations, with a maximum of 2 people per reservation. For every child under age 12, there needs to be one accompanying adult. Toddlers in strollers are not included in your family member count.
IF I HAVE MORE THAN ONE CHILD CAN I STILL COME?
- Yes! You simply need to make multiple reservations. You may also need to bring additional adult family members or friends as we require 1 adult to every child under the age of 12. Toddlers in strollers are exempt as we do not expect they would wander into other guest's rows in the patch.
IF TWO PARENTS WANT TO BRING ONE CHILD, CAN THEY?
- Yes, you will simply need to make 2 reservations - one for the first parent and the child and one for the second parent.
CAN I BRING MY DOG TO UPICK STRAWBERRIES?
- Thank you for asking! Please leave your pets at home. They will not be allowed into the picking areas (health regulations) or into the farm as we have little kids and animals like bunnies, and it is too hot to leave them in your vehicle.
WHEN CAN I MAKE MY RESERVATION?
- Our season runs from Mid July to September. Different varieties ripen at different times. We usually open up pick dates 3 days in advance, once we know approximately how many ripe berries there may be. This is an inexact science at best!
WHAT ELSE CAN WE PICK AT THE FARM?
- What's in season varies! We have planted a lot of vegetables in the garden this season! The following veggies are growing in the field for u-pick: peas, green beans, wax beans, kale, lettuce, potatoes, pickling cucumbers, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, onions, carrots, beets, broad beans, sorrel, herbs, tomatoes, pumpkins, and garlic!
HOW MUCH IS A BUCKET OF STRAWBERRIES?
- A level 4L pail of strawberries is $32.00. A heaping 4L pail is $37.00. A level 1.5L pail is $15.00 and a heaping 1.5L pail is $17.00.
WILL THERE BE AN ADMISSION?
- Yes, there will bea $10 wrist band admission required. This will get you into our three farm sites, a wagon ride, and a behind the scenes farm tour (20min). This does not include the produce or berries you pick. You'll will need to pay for our farm produce that you pick to enjoy! And we thank you for supporting us, as local family farm. Our produce is our livelihood.
WHAT HAPPENS IF ITS A RAINY DAY?
- Dress for the weather and come pick some strawberries! We do not charge a cancellation fee, but you will need to re-book your new picking time.
DO I HAVE TO WEAR A MASK?
- Alberta Health Regulations are in effect. And constantly changing. We recommend bringing a mask in case you are in a situation where you can not maintain your physical distance of 2 m while enjoying the rest of the farm.
IF I COME TO THE FARM WITHOUT A RESERVATION, CAN I STILL PICK STRAWBERRIES?
- Our reservations are usually fully booked. You will most likely not be able to pick without a reservation. Register for one of our fun farm programs if you are looking for a family outing.