Potatoes are amazing vegetables – they are the world’s fourth largest food crop, there are 5,000 different kinds and you can even use it to make a potato battery. Plus they contain almost every nutrient you need and they are ready to dig up at Prairie Gardens’ u-dig potato patch.
Dig our baby potatoes, baby
This is one of our favourite recipes on the farm – we give it to our CSA families when potatoes and dill start showing up in their baskets in late July and we make it in the kitchen for summer luncheons. Come and dig yourself some fresh baby potatoes for this delicious dish. Makes 4 servings.
- 1 pound baby potatoes
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 handful fresh dill, chopped
- Seasoned salt or sea salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Scrub potatoes under cold water, removing any dark spots.
3. Put butter and garlic in the roasting pan or glass roasting dish and place in oven for a few minutes to melt butter and gently sizzle the garlic.
4. Pile potatoes in and toss in butter and garlic – spread potatoes out evenly in a single layer and add sprinkle dill over the top. Cover dish with lid or tin foil.
5. Roast for 35 minutes. Check halfway through and toss to make sure they cook evenly.
6. When potatoes are cooked through, (tender) remove from roasting pan to a medium bowl.
7. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt, tossing to distribute.