A word from Tam Andersen, Owner - about our plans to welcome guests back to Prairie Gardens.
We are thrilled to say that, following the Government's announcement confirming that hospitality venues are permitted to re-open as part of the re-launch strategy, we will soon be able to welcome you back, or indeed welcome you for the very first time, to Prairie Gardens!
We know that, more than ever, you want to spend time with your family and friends, eating delicious food and enjoying each other’s company in uniquely special surroundings. We have put a great deal of thought into how to offer you a truly exceptional experience here at Prairie Gardens. We also take our responsibility for your well-being extremely seriously. Luckily one thing we are blessed with here is SPACE. We have almost 25 acres here on the farm, and we have been meticulously planning our re-opening to make the most of it.
We have created new paths, resting places and secret spots to sit and picnic, either basking in the sun, or sheltering the in the shade, so you can enjoy our wonderful food while taking in the truly glorious view of our rustic rural farm countryside.
And we have created a selection of fantastic new programs with a range of offerings, all of which can be enjoyed in the open air. Depending on the event, you can choose between picnic tables set up in one of our uniquely atmospheric places, or a carefully prepared picnic spot for eating on your own picnic blankets to be put down on the grass.
All of these new programs are leisurely affairs allowing you plenty of time to explore the farm with guided learning, including our new farm animal workshops, gardening workshops, or harvest tours throughout the gardens before (or after) settling down to your chosen dining experience.
We have wet weather completely covered too, with carefully distanced spaces amongst the trees, greenhouses and pavilions and various covered areas to keep you comfortable and cozy should the weather take a turn for the worse.
As always, we are thrilled to be working with our community of friends and neighbours in the growing community, to bring you the very best local in local food and experiences, to enjoy alongside what we are growing here on the farm.
We hope to see you here very soon for an unforgettable Prairie Gardens feast.
Wishing you all the very best,
Farmer and Owner – Tam Andersen
Safety Measures and Guidelines
We have put some adjustments in place for the health and safety of our staff, visitors, and animals. These modifications are designed to comply with public health orders and guidelines.
Before You Visit
- Please do not visit the farm:
- If you have travelled within the last 14 days
- If you have been in contact with anyone sick with COVID-19 within the last 14 days
- If you are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms. These include: fever, cough, shortness of breath, runny nose, sore throat, and/or others listed on Alberta Health Services website.
- Please Pre-Book your Family Farm Picnic, Campfire Cookout, or U-Pick Harvest Tour, so that we are expecting you!
- Pets (including dogs) are not allowed on the farm. It is too hot to leave them in your vehicle, so please leave them at home!
At the Farm: Safety, Amenity, and Service Availability
- Garden Centre shopping for Prairie hardy trees, shrubs and perennials will be open Tuesday through Sunday
- Masks are required when inside the General Store
- Outdoor areas and gardens of the farm will be open on a guided basis only
- Notable closures: train rides, playgrounds and structures will remain closed. The petting farm, haunted house, and gem mine will also remain closed. However, you can purchase a take-home gem mine kit to enjoy! You can also book a personal and private animal experience with your Family Farm Picnic.
- The General Store shop will be open on one-way movement basis
- There will be no paper maps or programs available
- The Farm Market is open from 11am-5pm every weekend.
- Pre-order online: you can pre-order vegetables or a CSA weekly box to pick up curbside
- Hand sanitation will be available at our entrance, exit, and throughout the farm
- Portable bathrooms will be cleanly regularily
- No outside food is permitted on the farm, with the exception of water bottles and baby food. All Farm Picnics must be pre-booked 3 days in advance.
- Our Corn and Sunflower mazes are one-way labyrinths this year.
At the Farm: U-Pick Vegetables
- U-Pick will be on a guided basis only
- U-pick guests may wear face masks and sanitize their hands before and after entering the field at stations provided.
- Masks are available for purchase
- U-Pick families with children are welcome, provided children are supervised (1 adult:3 children)
- New buckets will be provided – no containers from home will be allowed
- Food service will be limited to Farm Picnics which must be pre-ordered and pre purchased 3 days in advance
- No outside food is allowed with the exception of water in bottles or baby food
- Water fill stations will not be available
- Washrooms will be open and cleaned regularly
- Increased hand sanitizer stations will be available, including at the entrance, exit, and throughout the farm
Please follow all guidelines for physical distancing. This may result in wait times at points of entry and of service during peak visitation.