We love fruit at Prairie Gardens and we love helping families get their own orchards underway! We’ve put together a tasty variety of zone 1 and 2 shrubs to get you started. All the fruits listed are either self-fertile or have the appropriate cross-pollinating partners.
Each Great Northern Orchard Package includes the following:
- 6 x #1 Strawberries (3 Kent & 3 Honeyoe) *Note: strawberries set their blossoms in the fall and need to be covered with straw.
- 2 x #1 Boyne Raspberries
- 2 x #1 Lingon Berries
- 1 x #1 Pixwell Gooseberry
- 3 x #1 Saskatoons (3 kinds: Honeywood, Pembina, Native)
- 3 x #2 Honeyberries (3 kinds: Tundra, Borealis, Aurora)
- 4 x #2 Cranberries (2 kinds: Bailey’s Compact & American Highbush)
- 1 x #2 Western Chokecherry
- 1 x #2 Sour Cherry Carmine Jewel (Romance series, shrub form)
- 1 x #5 Prairie Sensation Apple
- 1 x #10 Battleford Apple
The Great Northern Orchard Package is flexible – we’re happy to work with you to plan the best possible orchard for your home and match your tastes as much as possible (for example, if you LOVE gooseberries, but aren’t a big fan of sour cherries, we can give you extra gooseberries instead).
We’re also happy to work with you if you want to have an orchard, but don’t have enough space for everything included (or if you want more than what’s included). Just call 780-921-2272 or send an email to email@example.com!