TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF CSA MEMBERSHIP
• I understand that farming is a seasonal and unpredictable undertaking, and that the exact selections and quantities included in the weekly distribution will change as the season progresses.
• I recognize that I am taking on some of the rewards and risks of farming. I can rejoice in bountiful harvest when conditions are favorable, and may have to come to terms with low crop yields and crop failures due to weather, weeds or pests. I will share the bounty equally with fellow CSA members.
• I will pick up my veggies each week during the harvest season. If I cannot pick up my vegetables, I will send a friend, neighbour, or family member on my behalf. If that doesn’t work out, I will give my farmer as much notice as I can, so my food box isn’t picked and wasted. If I have not picked up my vegetables by the end of the pick-up time, I allow my farmer to deal with my box how she sees fit.
• I will try to remember bring back my County Bounty Bag or box to transport my food.
• I am open to the challenge of trying new vegetables & planning meals with seasonal harvests in mind.Garden Learning & Work Share OpportunityAlthough this is not mandatory, we would love for you to be involved first hand in learning about growing and harvesting food on our farm, and welcome your visits as often as you like! We would invite you to participate on the farm by volunteering to be a part of our farm team!
There’s a U-Pick Bonus! Suggested Work Share:• Five (5) hours of volunteer time to the CSA to help plant the garden (May – June)
• Five (5) hours of volunteer time to help weed the garden (June – July)
• Five (5) hours of volunteer time to the CSA to help harvest our produce(July – September)
• One (1) Distribution date to assist with distribution at the City or Farm location
• Recipe sharing on our CSA Blog Page as inspiration occurs!
Fun Share – You’ll receive our Family Annual Membership Card, which will provide you season-long access to our Adventure Farm activities, corn mazes, and popular festivals in 2019 for your immediate family members who live with you! (Value – $120.00)
Please contact Tam or Kelly with any questions. 780.921.3461 / 780.921.2272 / Tam@prairiegardens.org