Breed: Cream Crested Legbar
Origin: UK, 1947
Egg Colour: Blue
Egg Size: M
Comb Type: Single
Opal Legbars have the same characteristics of Cream Crested Lebgars, but the development of their “opal” colouring is quite recent.
Legbars are a must-have for any backyard flock. These charming birds are personable, get along well with other breeds, and lay stunning blue eggs. We adore our flock of Cream Crested Legbars and are excited to introduce our Opal Legbars, which are visually stunning. A cross between pure Opal and Cream results in a 100% spilt. They are also one of our auto-sexing breeds, which means that when the chicks hatch you can tell which are male and which are female!
- Opal X Opal = 100% Opal
- Opal x Cream split to Opal = 50% Opal & 50% split
- Cream split to Opal x Cream split to Opal = 25% Opal, 50% split, 25% Cream
- Opal x Cream = 100% split
- Chicks are ready at the end of each month. For example, if you select “May” as your month, your chicks will be ready for pick-up by the end of May.
- Unsexed (“straight run”) chicks have not been sexed. In our experience, we have found the 50-50% rule to hold true in large groups. Please note: if you order a few chicks (less than 25 of one breed, for example), the chances of even ratios of male to female increase. Unsexed chicks are $15ea.
- Sexed (female or male) chicks are only possible with our auto-sexing breeds. This means that males and females have different colours/markings when they hatch. We have found this to be extremely reliable, but cannot guarantee 100% accuracy. Female chicks (pullets) are $25ea and male chicks (cockerels) are $5ea.
In the case that a chick is not available at hatch, you will have the option of 1) Choosing a substitute, or 2) Choosing a later hatch date.
Crested Legbar (Cream x Opal Split)
$5.00 – $25.00