PLEASE NOTE: This experience can only be booked as an add-on experience to either the Family Farm Picnics or the Farm Discovery Tour. They can not be booked independently.
Prairie Gardens is happy to offer a safe and fun outdoor activity that helps prevent the spread of COVID-19. As per Provincial Government Guidelines we can now offer a Farm Animal Encounter Package that allows a maximum number of 5 people to participate at one time in each petting farm corral.
- Petting Farm access to farm animals (Ewe sheep & lambs, Nanny goats & kids, Rabbits & bunnies to pet)
- Heritage Chickens: learning about the life of chickens, egg production and where your food comes from. Your package purchase supports the genetic preservation of these rare heritage birds.
- Your group must not exceed 5 people (All Adults, Children, and Toddlers must be counted. ) All members of your group must be from the same household.
Keep Your Visit Safe:
- No outside food is allowed which includes snacks for people, or food for any of the animals at the farm.
- We will be wearing masks.
- Hand sanitizer is provided to use prior to entry, plus hand washing is available post experience.
- Visitors must wash or sanitize their hands upon arrival, and again before they leave the farm.
- Visitors are recommended to wear a face covering during times when physical distancing of 2 m can not be maintained (petting the farm animals counts!)
- The Petting Farm Package Costs $50 For Up To 5 People In Your Group.
- If there are more than 5 people in your group, you can place a second reservation for the same time slot (Different guide and corral). You must count all adults, children, and toddlers towards your 5 people. All groups of 5 people must be from the same household. If you have multiple households (even if you have less than 5 people), you must book separate Animal Encounters.
The Petting Farm Packages are 45 minutes in length, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays – 11am-4pm. These must be PRE-REGISTERED and PRE-PAID. Times will be booked on a first-come, first-served basis. We can accommodate the activity in light rain or shine. If you must cancel due to COVID concerns, we will reschedule your purchase and you will be allowed to choose a new date and time (based on availability) that works for you. No refunds on no-shows.