We love fruit at Prairie Gardens and we love helping families, fruit enthusiasts, and fellow farmers get their own fruit forests underway! We’ve put together a tasty variety of our favourites to get you started in some of our largest pot sizes, so that your fruit shrubs and trees start producing sooner. All of the fruits included are zones 1-3.
Each Orchard Kit includes the following:
- Strawberry Mix #1: 3 Albion, 3 Kent, 3 Honeyoe, 3 Seascape
- Sea Berry Mix #1 & #2: 1 Askola, 1 Pollmix, 1 Leikora
- Honeyberry (Haskap) Mix #2: 2 Honeybee, 2 Tundra, 2 Aurora
- Vine Mix #1: 2 Valiant Grape, 2 Frontenac Grape, 2 Issai Hardy Kiwi
- Beaked Hazelnut #5 x 3
- Cranberry Mix #5: 3 Bailey Compact, 3 American Highbush
- Pear Mix #10: 1 Early Gold, 1 Paul’s Pear
- Plum Mix #5, #7, #10: 1 Bounty, 1 Mount Royal, 1 Brookgold
- Sour Cherry Mix #5, #5, #10, #10: 1 Evan’s, 1 Crimson Passion, 1 Valentine, 1 Cupid
- Apple Mix #5 & #10: 1 Norland, 1 September Ruby, 1 Goodland, 1 Odyssey, 1 Hardi-Mac, 1 Norkent, 1 Multi-Graft 4-kind Combination, 1 Prairie Magic
This Orchard Package also includes a farm tour, and a 1-on-1 knowledge-sharing experience with an orchardist.
The Above-and-Beyond Big Orchard Package is flexible – we’re happy to work with you to plan the best possible orchard for your home and match your tastes as much as possible. For example, if you LOVE plums, but aren’t a big fan of pears, we can substitute plums for pears. Additionally, if there’s a fruit you’re interested in, (for example, grapes, kiwis, strawberries, gooseberries, saskatoons, or rhubarb) or if there’s a different variety of one of the fruit listed that you’d prefer, we’d be happy to either substitute them for a different item or add them to your package.
We’re also happy to work with you if you want to have an orchard, but don’t have enough space for everything included (or if you want more than what’s included). Just call 780-921-2272 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org!