Fall Self Guided School Field Trips
Prairie Gardens & Adventure Farm
“Pumpkin Farm” Self Guided Field Trip
Selective Dates in September & October Available
Cost and ConfirmationAdmission is $11.50 (PLUS GST) per person.
Teachers, teacher’s aids and our required ratio of parent helpers (1 adult per 5 students) are Free.
Additional parents & siblings are $11.00 per person (PLUS GST)
(3 years & under are free with min booking fee of $200).
Gem Mining Cost: $5/ each pail of ore.
Dear Preschool, Kindergarten, and Grades 1-3 Teachers: Spend the whole day with us in the countryside! The field trip begins on the bus with a welcome, map, and instructions for parents.
AROUND THE FARM
• Parents will guide the children around the farm
• Experience a maze adventure
• Pet the farm goats, sheep, and bunnies while visiting the petting zoo
• Learn about the pumpkins and observe pumpkins in our indoor ‘Pumpkin Land’
• Team-build real life-size scarecrows with straw
• Optional – Hike the Nature Trail
• If they are brave, go through the spook-tacular Haunted Pumpkin Festival attractions – including the Haunted House, Enchanted Woods, and Play Areas
THE PUPPET SHOW & SNACK TIME
The children will love the puppet show- where lasting relationships grow with the help of Prairie Gardens’ characters! Halloween Cookies are provided. Please advise children to bring a beverage. The children will have this time to enjoy their cookie and drink while sitting in the cozy warm greenhouse on ‘their straw bale seats.
NEW EXTRA ACTIVITIESRequires 1/2 hour Extra Time & Extra Cost $5 per person
LOST LEMON GEM MINE – Buy buckets of ore ($5) & pan for real gems to take home at the sluice. The kids will be delighted to find gems in their sieves as the water washes away the sand. Temperature sensitive – water sluice does not operate below freezing.
TAKE HOME: You will take home some great activity ideas for your classroom! Each student will take home a mini pumpkin, a Haunted Pumpkin Fest sticker, some fall “scavenger hunt” finds, & a Pumpkin Festival downloadable coupon, which is a $5 Off Family Admission coupon to our Haunted Pumpkin Festival (Open each weekend in October). Extra pumpkins for parents & siblings are a $1.50 each. Please order in advance.
LUNCH AREA & FOOD OPTIONSBYO Lunch to eat at a Public Outdoor Picnic Areas (FREE).
We offer a private lunch seating area for $35 (Optional)
• BBQ all beef hot dog, drink & chips for $7
• Farmers lunch Potato Boat- Our own famous dill & garlic roasted farm potato; sour cream on side $5, Four slices Grilled Farmer Sausage (80%beef & 20% pork) locally made Add $2
• Pumpkin Pie & Foothills Ice Cream Cones are available ($3-$5).
Please indicate if you will require a lunch area for your group at booking time. All lunch orders must be pre-booked & pre-paid refunds given with one week cancellation notice.
WHAT IF IT RAINS OR SNOWS? We will do as many outdoor activities as the weather will allow. We have room inside to hold an alternate program including a puppet show, petting farm, pumpkin greenhouse, and scarecrow making indoors. Alternate dates are available for guided tours, please advise us of any changes 24 hours prior to your tour, so we are able to make staff arrangements.
“BOO”-TIQUE SHOPPING: Visit our farm shop Pumpkins galore, tricks or treats, and Halloween fun.