Register your 7-14 year old in the Edmonton region’s only authentic farm experience – Kids August Farm Change Adventure Camp at Prairie Gardens & Adventure Farm. In partnership with Dr. Doug Klein – and the Change Adventure Camp in collaboration with the U of A Department of Family Medicine.
Does your child need…
- Fresh air and physical activity?
- Wholesome fun and less screen time?
- More self-confidence through creative, interactive and engaging play?
- To stimulate their imagination through the wonder of nature?
- To learn to love and respect animals and each other?
- To experience wholesome farm fresh food?
Give your child the gift of an amazing, authentic farm experience – creating memories, and making friendships that will last a lifetime!
“Adventure Camp at Prairie Gardens is a special experience that engages children in hands-on learning activities. Adventures include food preparation, gardening, and being physically active outdoors, as well as to explore and enjoy nature. Adventure Camp educators include doctors, medical students, a chef, and the teachers at Prairie Gardens. Children will have a variety of fun and educational Adventures each day, learning many valuable skills and tools that they and their families can use for a healthy, happy, and active lifestyle.” Dr. Doug Klein, U of A Department of Family Medicine.
August Summer Weeklong Camps
Call Today! 780.921.2272 – Space is Limited!
- Standard Fee: $230 /week + GST (Drop your child off at Prairie Gardens from 8:00am -8:30 am; Pickup Time: 4:00 – 5:00pm)
- Shuttle Bus Included Fee: $320 / week + GST (Drop your child at the Shuttle Bus from Namao Centre Sobeys (south end) between 8:00am-8:15am; Pick Up Time: 4:30pm – 5:00pm.) Please don’t be late – $50 late pick-up fee per time!
This Weeklong Camp at Prairie Gardens itinerary runs daily from 9:00am until 4pm, with pre-camp and post-camp care is available from 8am-9am and 4pm-5pm, with the choice to opt-in for the Bus Shuttle Service.
This isn’t your typical day camp! It is an experience to never forget. Our campers explore all the wonder and magic of Prairie Gardens & Adventure Farm including fun time in the bale and mini-corn mazes, herb gardens, farm fresh food, herb tasting and picking, arts, and a chance to learn about caring for a nurturing animals while they visit our petting farm to visit with the bunnies, goats, and lambs every day.
Send a bagged lunch for your children each day. The children will help pick vegetables from the garden as snacks to add to their healthy meal.
Each child attending camp will receive their very own tie died camp t-shirt to keep.
The campers are grouped according to age and the number of children registered in a particular week of camp. Each group of campers will be assigned a counselor who will stay with them for the duration of the week.
Our counselor to camper ratio is:
- 1:10 for the 7 and 9 year olds
- 1:12 for 10, 11, and 12 year olds