What is Kids' Farm Club?
Our Kids' Farm Club is a great way to get your kids, aged 3 - 13, to get involved in farm life and learn about urban agriculture and where our food comes from.
The Kids' Farm Club meets every Saturday from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm during the spring through fall seasons. We will spend our time learning something new about the farm, from how to plant vegetables to feeding the farm animals. If your kid loves to learn, enjoys animals or wants to start a garden of their own, our Kids' Farm Club is for them!
What are some activities we will do?
- Plant vegetable seeds, seed potatoes, and pumpkins
- Help plant, water and maintain the Prairie Garden's greenhouse
- Bring the chickens dandelions and grass from the greenhouse to feed on
- Support a homemade bee garden to help our local bees
- Learn all about the pollinators and decomposers who help make our flowers bloom and food possible
- Run, play and explore the farm, mazes, and haunted house
With each Kids' Farm Club membership, you receive:
- Unlimited fall visits to Prairie Gardens and Adventure Farm on the weekends from May to October (that's 72 possible visits!)
- 50% off admission any adult who accompanies Kids' Farm Club members to the farm
- Save 25% off a VIP Birthday package in 2019
- End of season Pumpkin Picking Campfire Cookout
- Kids' Farm Club tomato planting project in our greenhouse
- June 8: Pumpkin Planting with Farmer Tam - Wagon Ride to see, plant, and explore the fields in the spring
- September 14 : Pumpkin Picking with Farmer Tam - Wagon Ride to see, pick and explore the pumpkin patch in the fall
- Time to play at the farm with your fellow Kid Farm Club members
* If you would like your child to take place in the free Pumpkin Planting Tour on June 8 or Pumpkin Picking Tour on September 14, please choose a time from the add-ons section. Time slots are limited to 10:30 am, 12:30 pm, and 2:00 pm.
** Please note siblings ages 2 and under can attend the pumpkin adventure for free.