Christmas School PartiesNovember 17 – December 19
School Field Trips to Prairie Gardens – Junior Leadership Program
Happy Holidays! We’ve put together a holiday curriculum for young children and their families. We hope these ideas will encourage you to take time to read, play and be active together this holiday season, and to celebrate old traditions while making new ones in the winter season at Prairie Gardens! Outdoor play time requires snowpants, snowboots, hats and mittens. Indoor activities will warm you up. Enjoy fun filled holiday activities – call to book today! 780.921.2272
Christmas Parties for Grade Schools at Prairie Gardens (Preschool to Grade 9)
New Covid Protocols include: Masks are required for indoor activities; cohorts maintained; physical distancing maintained; do not attend if you are unwell, hand sanitizer supplied at entry / exit points. Max 50 guests per greenhouse at one time.
Guided 3 Hour Program:
- Children’s Farm Chirstmas Program with Tour Guide
- Free Parent Chaperones (1 chaperon to 5 student ratio)
- Make Wild-bird Sunflower Head Wild Bird Feeders
- Decorate & Eat Christmas Cookies or Family Cohort Gingerbread houses
- U-Make and Take an Adorable Handmade Old Fashioned Christmas Ornaments
- Gingerbread Man Story time (indoors)
- Hay Ride & Bonfire (weather dependent, will not operate if too cold for tractor to start)
- Indoor Straw bale Labyrinth
- Farm Animal Encounter (cohorts) indoor or outdoor
- Heated Greenhouse Pavilion
- Active Winter Games (Fox and Goose Maze Game)
- Indoor Christmas Craft Pavilion Activities
- Outdoor Games and Active Play Time
- Outdoor Snow Bale Mazes
- Slip and Slide and Snow Angels
- Indoor Gem Mining Stations (Take home gems)
- Heated Greenhouse Pavilions
- Order a Festive Hot Dog Lunch Picnic Kit ($10)
- Order Option 2 Farmhouse Chili Picnic Kit ($15)
- Cost $17.50 per person + GST
NEW EXTRA ACTIVITIESRequires 1/2 hour Extra Time & Extra Cost $5 per person
LOST LEMON GEM MINE - Buy buckets of ore ($5) & pan for real gems to take home at the sluice. The kids will be delighted to find gems in their sieves as the water washes away the sand. Temperature sensitive - water sluice does not operate below freezing.
TAKE HOME: You will take home some great activity ideas for your classroom! Each student will take home a mini pumpkin, a Haunted Pumpkin Fest sticker, some fall "scavenger hunt" finds, & a Pumpkin Festival downloadable coupon, which is a $5 Off Family Admission coupon to our Haunted Pumpkin Festival (Open each weekend in October). Extra pumpkins for parents & siblings are a $1.50 each. Please order in advance.
LUNCH AREA & FOOD OPTIONSBYO Lunch to eat at a Public Outdoor Picnic Areas (FREE). We offer a private lunch seating area for $35 (Optional) Lunch Options: • BBQ all beef hot dog, drink & chips for $7 • Farmers lunch Potato Boat- Our own famous dill & garlic roasted farm potato; sour cream on side $5, Four slices Grilled Farmer Sausage (80%beef & 20% pork) locally made Add $2 • Pumpkin Pie & Foothills Ice Cream Cones are available ($3-$5). Please indicate if you will require a lunch area for your group at booking time. All lunch orders must be pre-booked & pre-paid refunds given with one week cancellation notice.
WHAT IF IT RAINS OR SNOWS? We will do as many outdoor activities as the weather will allow. We have room inside to hold an alternate program including a puppet show, petting farm, pumpkin greenhouse, and scarecrow making indoors. Alternate dates are available for guided tours, please advise us of any changes 24 hours prior to your tour, so we are able to make staff arrangements.
“BOO”-TIQUE SHOPPING: Visit our farm shop Pumpkins galore, tricks or treats, and Halloween fun.