We provide great value with our fields of green spaces, ample free parking, and abundance of activities, farm fresh foods and privacy. All you have to do is show up! Our packages fit all budgets and are perfect for companies, government groups, associations, clubs and groups of all kinds. Please call for a quote today! 780.921.2272
Testimonial “Good Afternoon, I wanted to congratulate you on the great service ABB received at Prairie Gardens at our Family Fun Day! The food was amazing and Randi was so helpful and kind. Thank you for making this day worry free and so much fun!” Ale Saade ABB ~ SINAI GROUP
Three Menu Packages to Choose From:
- BBQ Beef on a Bun Buffet
- Western Chili Cookout
- Cowboy Campfire Hotdog Roast
Featuring delicious country cookin’ featuring local produce and homemade desserts! Please call for a quote to customize your menu.
5 Reasons to Invest in a Company Picnic at Prairie Gardens
I recently spent Saturday assisting with the annual ABB Family Fun Day. They brought their employees and their families together to spend the day enjoying face painting, solving mazes, playing “Farmer Olympics”, and enjoying a delicious barbecue. Close to 300 people attended. They invested a large chunk of their staff reward budget to do it.
Could those dollars have been saved and applied directly to the bottom line? Sure. But dollars were invested wisely on the train rides and lemonade because of the dynamic efforts they’ll see in return. Here are five ways I know the company picnic pays off:
- It shows commitment. Employees are aware of the sluggish economy and notice other employers are cutting back. By sticking with beloved events, even in tough times, our employees return that devotion right back to us each day they come through our doors.
- It breaks down walls. We work hard all year long and build up natural silos between departments. But when the manager is posing with someone from a different department for a “Selfie with a Goat”, they can’t help but giggle together and have fun. We’re building camaraderie, and connections.
- We support families. Don’t underestimate the value of being loved by the little ones—not just because it’s a joy to see the smiles of hundreds of kids. When those children leave our picnic, they can talk about the great place that mommy and daddy work. Bridging the relationship between work and family means as a company we have hundreds of kid-let champions waiting for our employees to come home.
- We inspire gratitude. The appreciation I witness from all employees who attend these events is heartwarming and affirms our purpose. They know we don’t have to do it, and are thankful. And that encourages employee loyalty and continued hard work.
- I feel rewarded. I admit, there’s one more personal payoff. Family Day is one of only a couple of times each year that I can look around and see hundreds of smiling faces all at the same time and take pride that it wouldn’t have happened without our company. Nothing beats 300 people enjoying something you poured your heart into.
I mean it. Think twice before you cut the company picnic, or events like it. Invest in smiles (and lots of sunscreen), and harvest financial and emotional rewards.
- Mega Corn Maze
- Mindbender Maze and Kids Corn Maze (Shorter versions)
- Blindman’s Bluff Balemaze
- A-Maizing Race (Customized team building programming)
- Farmer Olympics (Customized team-building programming)
- Bonfire Pits with Plenty of Picnic Tables, Green Areas and Open Spaces for Games
- Ghost Town & Lost Lemon Sluice Gem Mine
- Unlimited Tractor & Wagon Rides Hay Rides or
- Prairie Gardens Express Train Tours around the Farm (seats 36)
- Use of Outdoor Stage and Picnic Pavilions
- Other Games- Bocce, Croquet, Frisbee, Tug-o-war, Three-Legged, Spoon and Sack Races
- Guided Garden Tours