Dates: Labour Day Weekend 2018 – September 1st, 2nd & 3rd 10:00am -6:00pm
Come celebrate the “season of corn” at the Prairie Gardens & Adventure Farm’s Corn Fest over the Labour Day Weekend!
This corn festival is a family event with a cornucopia of corny activities including corn eating contests, corn mazes, face painting, corny jokes, veggie art and more. The festival features the Kids Maze and Mindbender Kids Corn Mazes, folk music, and hands-on corn craft activities for children.
(PLEASE NOTE: U-Drive to the Mega Maze (1 km north of Adventure Farm is open this weekend).
- All long weekend Saturday to Holiday Monday – 10am Arrive at Farm. Closed at 6pm.
- 2 Corny Kids Mazes & Activities All Day 10am – 6pm. Free – Corny Creatures, Corn Husk Dolls, Zucchini Art, Petting Farm, Pedal Karts, Haunted House, Musical Garden, Bale Mazes, Play Areas).
- Corn Cannon with Pirate – Captain Kernel 10am – 5pm. 3 tokens for 3 ears – can you hit the pirate ship?
- Corn Crafts and Veggie Art 11am – 3:00pm. Free.
- Corn Eating Contest Check In 11:15am – Contests at 11:30am, 12:30pm and 2pm! Free.
- Free Kids Face Painting by Holly. Free.
- Lil’ Red Barn Puppet Theatre throughout the day. Free.
- U-Make Fall Crafts – Paper Plate Masks, Corn Husk Dolls, and Fairy Projects Free to $3.
- Farmer’s Market 12pm – 6pm with Bushels of sweet corn, sun-ripened tomatoes and other delectable farm produce. Pay as you go.
- U-Pick Gardens for Beans, Swiss Chard,Kale, French Sorrel, and many organic greens, and herbs. Price range $3/bunch.
Special Entertainment from 11am – 3pm at Prairie Garden’s Corn Fest celebration includes:
- Pluck n’ Holler Folk Band from 12pm – 3pm. Free with Admission.
- Professor Copperpot’s Magic Shows at 12pm & 2pm. Free.
- Phileas Flash Balloon Modeling with Balloon Art 1pm – 5pm. Free.
- Kompany Family Theatre “Fairly Scary Fairy Tales” Fringe Show 12:30pm & 2:30pm. Free.
- Deb Borchster Drumming Fun for Kids at the TIPI 1pm – 5pm. Free.
- “Dennis the Blacksmith” demonstrations Saturday & Sunday, and Monday all day. Free.
- Corny Fortunes & Face Painting by Holly (Free) and Artist Maya 1pm – 4pm 3 tokens+ & up.
Calling the event both entertaining and educational, Prairie Gardens’ Director of Fun, Tam Andersen said, “The Corn Fest helps visitors to Sturgeon County learn about the agriculture in the region, local food, solving a corn maze and farming.
There will be a full day of fun for families and kids of all ages. The ‘Corncession’ will provide popular foods such as steamed sweet corn, cornbread, corn tacos, corn chowder and many farm-baked treats.
The Corn Fest farm special entertainer activities (Theatre, Magic Shows, Folk Music, Drumming Circles, Special Face Painting / Tatoo Artists run from 12-3:30 pm all weekend long.
Proudly sponsored by Travel Alberta and 107.9 Radio