Welcome to our award-winning Fire Roasted Longtable Culinary Adventure at Prairie Gardens. Join “Farmer Tam”, a woman pioneering small scale Canadian food production, as you immerse yourself into her community of farming, music and sustainable eco-tourism! Your adventure begins with a short train ride to the fires glowing in the grills. Sample succulent fire-roasted appetizers, featuring vegetables grown less than 10 m from the table.
Learn the lost art of sippin’ local moonshine. Take a seat at our farm longtable for an unforgettable gourmet feast and sample a wild array of garden edibles from our signature planked salad board – showcasing our farm in a way that will have your cameras snapping and your mouth watering. Taste farm grown fresh herbs, discover edible flowers, and cool greens on a behind-the-scenes garden tour. Become a hands-on herbalist with a make n’ take herb-infused salt rub project. Don’t miss this rare opportunity to experience behind the scenes with the locals on an authentic Canadian working farm!
- Tour an “off the beaten track” authentic working Canadian Farm to learn about year-round sustainable and natural food production practices.
- Immerse yourself into our community of award-winning culinary experiences with “Long Table Stories” gathered over 60 years of farming in northern Canada.
- 2 hour Unique Fire Roasters luncheon or dinner experience on the most northern pumpkin farm in the world.
- 4 course gourmet longtable meal with fresh produce grown right here on the farm.
- Enjoy Local musicians, farm food, sustainable eco-farm tourism.
- Sample local legally made Moonshine, distilled from the mash of Canadian wheat.
- Hands On Herbalist – Take home an herb infused smoked salt rub that you made yourself.
- Year Round and Weather Proof. Delight in the sunset under the stars, or relax in our cozy warm greenhouses surrounded by the fields of produce we grow.
- Paired with a glass of Canadian wine, and non-alcohol beverages.
WE LOVE TO CUSTOMIZE – ASK US!
- Fire Roasters Luncheon
January 1, 2018 - December 31, 2018
8:00 am - 5:00 pm