As part of our response to covid-19, Prairie Gardens’ Family Farm Picnic allows you to enjoy your own private area of the farm as a family – relax in the countryside and enjoy our wide-open spaces! We book a maximum of 10 picnics during each 2-hour designated picnic time to make sure your family has the privacy and space to enjoy yourselves on the farm this summer. Our Family Farm Picnic is designed with lunch for two in mind, but we welcome up to 15 guests per reservation – just add any additional children or adults who would like to attend! No need to buy a ticket for children under the age of 8, if you think they will only snack on the adult picnics. For children under the age of 8, who will want to eat, buy a child ticket for them below.
Covid-19 Picnic Protocols
- No outside food or beverages will be permitted onto the farm.
- Please maintain 2m distance between yourself, staff, and other farm guests.
- If you have a cough, fever, or feel sick, do not come to the farm.
- Children cannot be left unattended during a picnic. We ask for a ratio of 1 adult for every 5 children.
- Notable Closures: All playground equipment will be closed. All activities with common-touch points, such as the train, petting farm, and gem mine will also be closed.
- All picnics must be booked in advance.
- Our corn and sunflower mazes will be one-way labyrinths this year to accommodate social distancing
- General Farm Guidelines: pets, smoking, and littering are not permitted on the farm.
Our Family Farm Picnic includes:
- Private Picnic Site with picnic tables
- Fresh-baked farm scones
- Seasonal farm jam
- Fresh-baked farm bread
- Seasonal fruits like figs, strawberries, raspberries and apples (*Dependent on season)
- Crackers and cheese
- Seasonal veggies like kohlrabi, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, beans, and more!
- Mixed sweets
- The makings for cucumber sandwiches made with cucumbers grown on the farm
- Heirloom tomatoes grown in our greenhouses
- House-made beverages
- Access to Corn and Sunflower Mazes
Want to personalize your experience on the farm? Feel free to add any of the following take-home activities, specialty foods, or farm experiences:
- Take-Home Gem Mining Kit. Love precious gems and minerals? Want something fun to do after you get home? Our Gem-Mine Kit is perfect for hot sunny days when you want to play in the water.
- Little Bear Gelato Ice Cream. Choose a pint (or two…or three…) from the following melt-in-your-mouth flavours: Raspberry Sorbet, Strawberry Sorbet, Belgian Chocolat, Lemon Basil Sorbet, or Mango Passionfruit Sorbet
- Campfire Pack. Want to add a little something extra to your farm picnic? Add-on a Campfire Pack – comes with campfire, a dozen all-beef wieners, 12 hotdog buns, and a bag of marshmallows to roast on the fire.
- Farm U-Pick and Harvest Tour. Choose how many 4L baskets you’d like to fill up with all sorts of tasty vegetables to take home for supper! Varies by season, but could include zucchinis, tomatoes, kale, lettuce, sorrel, garlic, potatoes, herbs, mustards, and more.
- Farm Animal Discovery Tour. Learn about our farm animals as a family! Enjoy viewing and feeding the chickens, goats, and sheep. Feel how soft a bunny is, and don’t forget to take some photos!
To book your picnic, please fill out the below form and hit “Submit”!