As part of our response to covid-19, Prairie Gardens’ Family Farm Picnic allows you to enjoy your own private area of the farm as a family – relax in the countryside and enjoy our wide-open spaces! We book a maximum of 15 picnics during each 2-hour designated picnic time to make sure your family has the privacy and space to enjoy yourselves on the farm this summer. Our Fall Family Farm Picnic is designed with lunch for two in mind, but we welcome up to 14 guests per reservation – just add any additional children or adults who would like to attend! No need to buy a ticket for children 4 years old or younger – there is more than enough food for them to snack on.
Covid-19 Picnic Protocols
- No outside food or beverages will be permitted onto the farm.
- Please maintain 2m distance between yourself, staff, and other farm guests.
- If you have a cough, fever, or feel sick, do not come to the farm.
- Children cannot be left unattended during a picnic. We ask for a ratio of 1 adult for every 5 children.
- Notable Closures: All playground equipment will be closed. All activities with common-touch points, such as the train, petting farm, and gem mine will also be closed.
- All picnics must be booked in advance.
- Our corn and sunflower mazes will be one-way labyrinths this year to accommodate social distancing
- General Farm Guidelines: pets, smoking, and littering are not permitted on the farm.
Our Family Farm Picnic includes:
- Private Picnic Site with picnic tables
- Fresh-baked pumpkin scones
- Seasonal farm jam
- Fresh-baked cornbread
- Seasonal fruits like apples
- Crackers and cheese
- Seasonal veggies like kohlrabi, broccoli, carrots, heirloom tomatoes, and more!
- Mixed sweets
- Pumpkin pie
- Farm-made beverages
- Access to Corn and Sunflower Mazes – no need to book a separate maze time, it’s included with your picnic!
Want to personalize your experience on the farm? Feel free to add any of the following take-home activities, specialty foods, or farm experiences:
- Little Bear Gelato Ice Cream. Choose a pint (or two…or three…) from the following melt-in-your-mouth flavours: Raspberry Sorbet, Strawberry Sorbet, Belgian Chocolat, Lemon Basil Sorbet, Salted Caramel Gelato, or Pumpkin Spice Gelato
- Campfire Pack. Want to add a little something extra to your farm picnic? Add-on a Campfire Pack – comes with a campfire, a dozen all-beef wieners, 12 hotdog buns, and a bag of marshmallows to roast on the fire.
- Farm U-Pick Pumpkin Walking Tour. Includes $15.00 worth of pumpkins or vegetables for each tour ticket purchased. For example, you could get a Jack O’Lantern, a few pie pumpkins, or even seven mini pumpkins!
- All-In Fall Porch Decor Kit. Crazy about fall and love decorating your front porch for Halloween? Add-on an All-In Fall Porch Decor Kit! Includes: 1 square bale of straw, 2 cornstalk bunches (12 stalks/bunch), 1 scarecrow, a $50.00 credit to choose whichever pumpkins you fall in love with, and an in-person demonstration on how to put it all together!
- Farm Animal Discovery Tour. Learn about our farm animals as a family! Enjoy viewing and feeding the chickens, goats, and sheep. Feel how soft a bunny is, and don’t forget to take some photos!